Well hello there everyone! After taking a seven month break, I’m back up and blogging again at 7000 Coliseum Way!
Before I start things off, I have to give a HUGE thank you to those who cast their votes for me as the 2014 MyGameBalls.com Minor League Junior Ballhawk of the Year. It is a tremendous honour to receive this award, and I appreciate each and every one of you who voted for me. The 2014 ballhawking season was loads of fun and I can’t wait to get back to ballhawking in the 2015 season!
My last post here was on June 22nd, 2014. Ouch. I had to take a break from blogging for my job working at a summer camp. As soon as I got home after six weeks, I had summer AP homework to complete and before I knew it, school was starting back up again! I decided to step away from the blog for a little while, mostly to focus on school. I’m currently in my junior year of high school, so things can be a bit stressful at times (relatively speaking, of course).
While I may not have been blogging, I was still going to plenty of games in the second half of the season. And as of right now, I still intend to write about every single one of those games, either here or over at Beyond the Outfield Fence (where I write about all of my Minor League Games). I have 27 games still to write about. That is A LOT of games. And a lot of writing. Despite the fact that I have a heavy workload with school right now, I plan on having every game entry written and up-to-date before Opening Day. Actually, I plan on having them all written and published before the end of the month.
With 27 games to write about, that means 27 posts. And after today, there are 27 days left in the month of February *gasp*. Ideally, I would like to publish a game entry every day until I am all caught up. Here is my *tentative* blogging schedule for the next month. Keep in mind that entries about Major League games will be posted HERE, while recaps of Minor League games will be posted at Beyond the Outfield Fence. Italicized games will be posted at BOF. I’ll link to entries as soon as I have them posted. I apologize for any delays with my posting.
- Monday, February 2nd: 4/26/14 in at Banner Island Ballpark
- Tuesday, February 3rd: 5/4/14 at Banner Island Ballpark (Same deal as the post above)
- Wednesday, February 4th: 7/5/14 at the Oakland Coliseum (I managed to squeeze in a game on one of my few days off)
- Thursday, February 5th: 8/1/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
- Friday, February 6th: 8/4/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
- Saturday, February 7th: 8/5/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
- Sunday, February 8th: 8/6/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
- Monday, February 9th: 8/7/14 at Aces Ballpark (Yes, I went to Reno!)
- Tuesday, February 10th: 8/8/14 at Aces Ballpark
- Wednesday, February 11th: 8/9/14 at Aces Ballpark
- Thursday, February 12th: 8/16/14 at Banner Island Ballpark
- Friday, February 13th: 8/19/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
- Saturday, February 14th: 8/20/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
- Sunday, February 15th: 8/22/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
- Monday, February 16th: 8/23/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
- Tuesday, February 17th: 8/24/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
- Wednesday, February 18th: 8/30/14 at John Thurman Field
- Thursday, February 19th: 9/1/14 at John Thurman Field
- Friday, February 20th: 9/5/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
- Saturday, February 21st: 9/6/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
- Sunday, February 22nd: 9/16/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
- Monday, February 23rd: 9/17/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
- Tuesday, February 24th: 9/19/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
- Wednesday, February 25th: 9/20/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
- Thursday, February 26th: 9/21/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
- Friday, February 27th: 9/22/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
- Saturday, February 28th: 9/23/14 at the Oakland Coliseum
I recognize that this is a very ambitious schedule, so I am not sure how strictly I can stick to it, but I promise I will do everything I can to keep pumping out entries on a daily basis.
After catching up with last season’s games, there are many more posts that I would like to write before the 2015 season gets underway. I want to talk about my experiences at A’s FanFest (which is coming up shortly on February 8th) and I hopefully will be bringing you more entries from BlogFest, like I did last year. I wrote about FanFest last year, which you can check out here. Unfortunately, however, don’t think I’ll be doing a Pre-FanFest entry like I have done in years past. The game entries will be taking first priority.
In addition, there’s this thing Major League Baseball and their teams do in February and March. It’s kind of cool I guess. It’s called “Spring Training” or something like that? I’m not sure… Anyway, I’ll be driving down to Arizona with my family in mid-March and for the first time in my life, I’ll be attending Spring Training! I currently have 5 games scheduled, and of course I have plans to write about every single one. I’ll share more of the details as we get closer. As of right now, I’ll be seeing two games at HoHoKam Stadium and one game at Surprise Stadium, Maryvale Baseball Park, and Salt River Fields at Talking Stick Park.
For those that have attended Spring Training in Arizona before, I would love to hear your tips! Whether it be general suggestions, ballhawking strategies, or even restaurant recommendations, I’d love to hear what you have to say! Either tweet me @RFNick149 or leave a comment down below.
Other than getting caught up with 2014 game entries, FanFest, and Spring Training, I’ll try and pump out a few more blog entries here and there before Opening Day. I have a lot of plans in the works that I can’t wait to update y’all on, along with a few special collaborations with some awesome people.
On that note, I am going to wrap up this blog entry, which will hopefully be the first of many in the coming months. Don’t forget to like this post, feel free to share it on Facebook and Twitter, and let me know in the comments what you think! Don’t forget to check back here or at Beyond the Outfield Fence for a new post every day for the rest of February. Thanks for reading!
Nick Badders is a blogger for MLB.com. He writes the blog, 7000 Coliseum Way, and you can follow him on Twitter @RFNick149. You can also LIKE his blog on Facebook. This blog entry was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.