In this entry, I am going to give you my 15 goals for 2014. They may be blogging, writing, and ballhawking.
- Attend 30 MLB Games: I attended 27 Major League games last year, so I would like to round it off at an even number.
- Attend 20 MiLB Games: I attended 13 Minor League games last year, so like my MLB goal, I want to round it off and see if I can attend 50 games this season.
- Average 3 balls per MLB game: I don’t want to set a number of balls to snag. I want to average 3 balls per MLB game. With my games goal, that would be 90 balls. I’ve only snagged 68 MLB balls in my life and I got 40 of those last year. I’m picking my games wisely this year, with no giveaway games, so I would think that I should be able to average over 3 balls a game.
- Average 8 balls per MiLB game: Like I said before, I don’t want to give a set number, but if I do reach this goal and my games goal, I’ll have 160 MiLB balls this year. Given that I have only snagged 95 lifetime MiLB balls, 80 of those being last season, this will be tough, but I’m up for the challenge. My average last year was 6.15 balls per game, so this will be a fun goal to attempt!
- Snag 1 MLB Game Home Run: I’ll be sitting in the RF Bleachers all year long, like I did last year so given the games I have chosen, hopefully a home run is hit my way. I’ve come close, but still have no game home run under my belt, so it would be great to make this the year.
- Snag 2 MiLB Game Home Runs: I won’t completely focus on snagging Minor League home runs, but I would like to snag 2. I still haven’t snagged a pro home run yet. This is the year!
- Have a hat and shirt for every MLB team except the Yankees: I’m close on this goal. I need a Pirates hat and a Diamondbacks, Rockies, and Twins shirt. I just can’t wear a Yankees hat or shirt. I just can’t.
- Start a Minor League MLBlog: I want to write about Minor League Baseball and my Minor League games on a MiLB-themed blog, rather than a MLB-themed blog. Keep an eye out for this one…
- Write 150,000 words on this blog: I wrote almost 110,000 words this past year at 7000 Coliseum Way. I want to write more this year.
- Expand my baseball writing beyond MLBlogs: I would like to have the opportunity to write about baseball outside of MLBlogs, so I am hoping to be doing something in addition by the end of the year.
- Post a new YouTube video every month: I stopped posting on YouTube towards the end of the year. I’m hoping to pick that up again this year.
- Do a BlogTalkRadio show every month: Same as the above. I stopped with BlogTalkRadio and want to get back on it.
- Reach 600 followers on Twitter (@RFNick149): I’m at 464 right now, so I would like to reach 600 by the end of the year.
- Reach 200 Likes on Facebook (7000 Coliseum Way): Right now, I am at 131 Likes. I would like to get to 200!
- Finish in the Top 20 MLBlogs I was 24th for 2013, so I would love to break the Top-20!
That’s it! My 15 goals for 2o14!
Nick Badders is a blogger for MLB.com. He writes the blog, 7000 Coliseum Way, and you can follow him on Twitter @RFNick149. You can also LIKE his blog on Facebook. This blog entry was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.