OMAHA— Day 1

I was in for a very long day. Our flight was supposed to leave Oakland at 6am, so my family had to get out of the house pretty early. I was up until 11pm Sunday night. Don’t ask. I woke up around 3am and our family was out of the house my 3:45. I wasn’t feeling that great. I was tired.

We got to the Oakland airport around 4:20 and got past security by 4:45. That gave us about an hour in the terminal.

My mom and I went for a walk around the area when we came across this kiosk

Oaklandish may be one of my favorite clothing stores, as they create clothing revolving around Oakland. However, it wasn’t open yet, so I couldn’t get anything. Here is their website.

On our way back to the gate, we saw a Jamba Juice. Yes. A Jamba Juice. I got a blueberry muffin and Strawberry Surf Rider and we were on our way.

I have to say, Jamba Juice in an airport works well for me!

They started boarding the plane around 5:50, the first indication for me that the flight wasn’t going to be very full. When we did get on board, my sister and I grabbed seats near each other. I had to sit in row 16, which is Josh Reddick’s number.

The plane was no more than half full as we took off. Once we were in the air, I fell asleep across multiple seats. It was amazing. You have no clue. When I woke up an hour later, we had begun our decent into Las Vegas. This is what I saw outside my window.

Over the wing, I saw this

Great view!

Around 7:30, we touched down in Vegas, were we had an hour-long layover.

I found a quick breakfast before we were in the air again. I spent most of the flight watching the A’s game where they won the west on my phone. Eventually, I fell asleep. Like the first flight, I woke up to see this

We were then told that we were starting our final descent into Omaha

Soon enough, we were coming in Omaha

Once we got our checked bags and rental car, and headed out to find some food. After getting pizza, we checked into our hotel early, where we rested until 5pm. This was the view of the Atrium right outside our hotel room

We then headed to visit my grandfather, who we had dinner with, along with my aunt.

From there, we headed back to his apartment, where we met up with my uncle. We stayed there for about an hour and a half before deciding to head back to the hotel.

We made a quick stop at a grocery store, before heading back to the hotel to head to sleep.

It was a long day, but very fun. I had a good time.

Tuesday was looking to be another good day.

I hope you enjoyed this short entry. I’ll have one of these for each of the next five days.

Nick Badders is a unofficial reporter for He writes the blog, 7000 Coliseum Way, and you can follow him on Twitter @nickbatters or his blog @7000ColiseumWay. You can also LIKE his blog on Facebook or follow him @nickbatters or his blog @7000ColiseumWay on Instagram. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.


  1. Pingback: OMAHA— Day 2 « 7000 Coliseum Way
  2. Pingback: OMAHA— Day 5 « 7000 Coliseum Way
  3. Pingback: 2012 in Review « 7000 Coliseum Way

Comment Please! Yeah Down There!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s